Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The term: Sanctify

Dear family and friends,

I am excited to tell you that nothing changed!  Elder Easton and I are still companions and still in the same area we were before!  This is  a really good thing, because I get to continue to help my area improve.  

The title is important to me, because lately I have been thinking about the word Sanctify.  To clean, to make pure.  The mission life is very different, and freely obedience plays an important role in the way missionaries think.  If the missionary thinks that the rule is a rule just because, then it is harder for that missionary to follow the rule.  However, if the missionary thinks the rule is a rule because it will help us, then the missionary will follow it.  That is changing ones' nature into not only just a better missionary but a better person.

That is what I have been striving to do.  The chance that we have on this mission, is the opportunity to sanctify ourselves so we can fulfill our purpose.  To invite others to come unto Christ.  

Although there will always be downs and trials, the one thing that I focus on that keeps me going is how much Heavenly Father loves us.  Everyone of us.  That is why I am here in Australia to Preach His Gospel. (3 Nephi 5: 13) * My favorite scripture so far about missionary work. 

My Korean is getting better every week.

I am so excited for this next transfer, and many miracles will happen as I continue to work diligently and use my faith.  

Love you all,


Elder Han

1 comment: