Wednesday, July 3, 2013

June 28th, 2013 letter from MTC

Friends and Family,

My Korean has improved exponentially.  Although I am not learning as fast as I would like to, I am still pushing myself in order to learn new things.  Everywhere I go it is almost crazy how much I know, and when people speak I translate it into korean.  Not perfectly, but translated.  However, I know that it isn't because I am trying to do learn Korean, but it is because I am learning in order to serve the Lord. 

This week's motto is "just keep swimming."  The reason that this is so is because I am Marlin, and my companion is Dori.  Sometimes I get frustrated with the language or certain people, but my companion puts me back on track.  Something about reading the scriptures gives me this reassurance that I am here at the right place, being prepared for something far greater than just teaching some lessons.  I am here to invite others to come unto Christ.

Last Sunday I had the opportunity to participate in the Worldwide Leadership Broadcast.  What a wonderful occasion and opportunity to see the apostles teach us as well as teach those around the world.  Sometimes I forget that we aren't the only ones in the world, and what a blessing to know that there is something bigger than just our small MTC. 

This week there was a wonderful scripture that I leaned on when I needed a break or if I needed motivation.  It is in D&C 121:7-9, which says:

My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a csmall moment;

And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.

Thy afriends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands."

It is so awesome that I was able to find this and it brings my soul the joy of the knowledge that my afflictions shall be but a small moment.  If I work hard, then I will be able to stand by my friends, and family.

We also had a chance to meet the Australia Sydney South mission president, even though we are not going there.  It is surprising though that we haven't heard of anyone else going to Sydney North... 

Thank you for the awesome packages! I hope that you are having fun in this wonderful warm weather ( except when you are wearing suits )... 

Security was huge this week because all the new mission presidents were being trained by the general authorities.  I am getting way good at volleyball, it is probably my favorite sport now.  I am going to teach at the MTC after my mission, I think. 

I love you all, and I hope that you have a wonderful time in summer, and hopefully you will remember that if you are struggling with anything or any trials, you can always pray to Heavenly Father who loves you, and knows you.

I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  I know that if you pray to Heavenly Father, you will receive an answer.  I love you all, and I hope that you just tell yourself everyday that you are a child of God, and he loves you.  That is why he put is in this earth.

Just keep swimming,

Love,

Elder Han

1 comment: