Monday, March 17, 2014

Michael's Bonsai tree

Dear family and friends,
 
I have been "under the weather" lately.  It has been raining almost 6 out of 7 days this week! Haha get the pun? It is pretty awesome, and really interesting especially when we don't have a car.  There was this one time where we were walking to our next appointment which would take 2 hours to get there.  As soon as we got out, it started to rain super hard.  We got super drenched. 
 
Anyways, there are a lot of interesting things happening in my area.  The ward is really helping on in missionary work!  It is so awesome to see that.  We were able to help them set a plan for themselves on what they want to accomplish in missionary work.  That is always so cool for us to see them think about what they want to do.
 
I have a random story that I wanted to share.  I was on exchanges with another missionary and for the whole week, I was thinking about trees and how difficult it would be to grow one, prune it, and graft it.  I was thinking that I was going to get a bonsai tree to see how difficult it would be, because I often read about trees in the Bible as well as the Book of Mormon.  Anyways, back to my story, we were walking home after talking to someone.  On the side of the road, my companion noticed a bonsai tree that was just dropped there.  It looked dead and looked like no one took care of it.  I decided to take it, and try to make it better.  There is my quest for the future. 
 
So now, I have a half dead Bonsai tree and I am ready to make it the best I can!
 
Pictures will come next week.
 
A miracle for the week is that there is a young man who was in the church but not very active.  The ward has probably been helping him for nearly 6-7 years, but the best thing is that he was able to come to church last week!  He loved it, and although his parents didn't come, they support him in coming.  I am so glad that I could see these miracles and recognize how important it is to go to church.
 
I am so grateful to be in Australia preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I hope all of you are well this week! 

Love you heaps,

Elder Han

No comments:

Post a Comment