Monday, October 14, 2013

Starting Fresh

Dear Family and friends!

This week has been very good for me and Elder Easton.  Although we didn't have as many lessons or people to teach, we started to really strengthen our testimonies and really have faith in everything.  I have been blessed to be able to humble myself to realize the things that I need to improve on.  Every day I feel like I am getting stronger in my belief of the Book of Mormon, as well as my faith in God.  

There is a scripture that I really love in the Book of Mormon.  It is 1 Nephi 3:7.  Many of you know it.  It is about this prophet named Nephi who was commanded to go and get some records from a man who was known to be very powerful and dangerous.  He said that he would go and do, but he also said that the Lord doesn't command people to eventually lead to failure.  Instead he prepares a way for those who believe.  

Like this scripture, I have learned I have been called here not to fail, but rather I am here to succeed.  
That is what I have been thinking this week, and I am super excited for the weeks to come!

This week has been very good for us.

I guess I have been scaring all of you and saying that I have been becoming an islander, but the fact of the matter is, I have been maintaining my weight ever since I have been on my mission.  I just like to say that, because I really love the culture of the islanders and how nice they are to the missionaries.  

I want to thank everyone who emails me and sends me letters!  It always makes my day when I read what my family and friends are doing and what they have planned.  

We also got a chance to watch General conference.  For those of you who don't know what it is, we get an opportunity to listen and learn from our prophet, and apostles in this modern day.  It was so good, and I learned so many things and it answered many of my questions!  

I love you all, and I hope you have a fantastic week, no matter where you are!


Elder Han





No comments:

Post a Comment