Thursday, April 24, 2014

Latest from Michael including news about the Bonsai tree...

Dear Family and Friends,

I believe that the subject of this week is Celebrating what's right in the world.  We all have the ability to choose to accept what happens in a situation, but I think a lot of us tend to go on the pessimistic side.  Recently, we had a training from our Mission President and his wife.  She told us about this concept and a movie about it.  It is a man named Dewitt that works for National Geographic, and in the video it shows his view on setting a vision and what his vision is. 
 
It's been interesting the last couple months on my mission to really think about my vision, and what I want to do here.  Especially how I want to act and what I need to do to help the work.  I think one thing that I have come to learn is this very statement:  What we do is what we become. 
 
That is my vision at this time.  To do everything in my power to do what Heavenly Father wants me to do. 
 
So that is something I wanted to share with you all this day.
 
My week:
 
It has been getting colder lately.  I have been so accustomed to Australian Weather that I am cold to the weather that I used to like being in...  Probably in relationship to America the weather here is about 50 Degrees Fahrenheit.
 
Easter!  One of our ward members invited his friend to come to church, and he stayed all 3 hours!!!!  He loved it, and said that he wouldn't mind coming back!  Although, he isn't our investigator yet, I have a feeling that someday he will be.
 
Sad News:
A lot of you wanted to know about my Bonsai tree.  Well here is the news...  It has been dead the whole time. 
 
Good News:
I have decided that I am going to make the 'Tree of Life' with my bonsai tree.  I'll send pictures when it is done.
 
Just wanted to say that it is pretty awesome to be here in Australia, and to share what I know to be true. 
 
I love you all
 
Elder Han

No comments:

Post a Comment