Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy as can be

Dear family and friends,

Just want to let you know how EXCITED I am for MY BROTHER CHRIS!!!  He just got his call to Reno, Nevada, Spanish Speaking, August 6!!!!  I know that he will tear it up in Nevada.
 
This week has been hectic for many reasons.  First, being that our ward is really pushing missionary work, and strengthening each other.  Second, my determination to be a stronger missionary and creating the best atmosphere that I might be able to do all that I can do.
 
But I want to tell you about a miracle about today.  It was Thursday last week, and we have an allotment of time so that we can go to Mormon.org and learn more from it, so we can share it with others.  Then, Sister Howes (My Mission mom)  calls and tells me something I wasn't expecting for another week.  CHRIS GOT HIS CALL!  I was so shocked and excited.  It brought me back to when I got my call and how excited I was for it.  I'm sure that he is super excited and preparing for it. 
 
It's amazing and sad at the same time how fast time goes by now.  It literally feels like yesterday when I first started my mission. 
 
Anyways, life is always good in Australia. 
 
I have an interesting story about being in the right place at the right time:
 
We finished a lesson with one of our members in their home, and because we didn't have a car, we walked home for weekly planning.  As we walked home, we heard an alarm go off and screaming.  So, we jogged over to see what had happened and our neighbour had a fire in the house.  At the moment, the only people on the scene were the other Elders in our flat and the neighbour. 

Here's the story:
 
Elder Chin Ah You was in his study room with Elder Keefer and smelt an electrical fire, but thought it was just the fan in their room.  They turned it off, but realized that it was coming from the outside and heard an alarm.  They ran over to our neighbour's house.  We knew the kids in that house fairly well, because they are always outside playing around.  Elder Chin Ah You thought they were in the house, and right when they were going to kick the door down, the mom came with her car.  That's when we come in.  We jogged up, and they already went inside and stopped the fire and turned off the gas stove.  4 Fire trucks and 3 police cars showed up, and many people came out of their houses to watch. 
 
The kitchen was damaged, but the rest was just covered in smoke.  However, the miracle is that we were all there to help at the right time.  If we didn't do anything maybe 5 minutes later, something bad could have happened.  As well as our neighbours will always know who we are and if they ever need anything, they were going to call us.
 
I love simple miracles like that, and I am so grateful for the fact that Heavenly Father will guide us in the paths that we need to be in.
 
I love you all!  I hope you have a fantastic week.

P.S. Transfers is on Friday this week, so next week we will see what happens!
 
LOVE YOU HEAPS

ELDER HAN

No comments:

Post a Comment